Sunday, August 31, 2014

August Update

The month of August has gone quickly and has been filled with many graces and blessings.  I spent time in New Jersey visiting the Marianites who live there.  That was followed by a wonderful eight day directed retreat at St. Mary By the Sea in Cape May Point.  I had the opportunity to visit with sisters from my previous congregation and connect with friends in the Philadelphia area.  Ten days were then spent in Rhode Island with family and friends there.  This year I was especially blessed that my twin sister and I were able to celebrate our birthday together.  This last weekend of the month was spent in prayer and community with several sisters in preparation for the transfer of my and another sister's vows into the Marianites of Holy Cross.  How grateful I am to have so many people in my life who are so supportive and whom I care about deeply and for all of the experiences I have had this month and in my life.

Prior to my first experience in Haiti, the song, Lord You Have Come resonated within my heart as I prepared for mission (see http://kmnhaiti.blogspot.com/2010/06/seek-other-shores.html.)  The first weekend I was in New Jersey when I attended a parish liturgy, the last day of retreat, the Sunday I attended liturgy at the provincilate of the Sisters of the Holy Redeemer, as well as the Sunday I attended mass at St. Veronica's in Narragansett, that song was sung (only once was there a possibility that the musician choose the song because I was there and she knew the significance.)  It is a song that continues to play in my heart as I am challenged once again to "seek other shores."
In less than a month I will be in Haiti.  The coming weeks will be for preparing to finalize the transfer of my religious vows, and preparing for Haiti.  I have much to look forward to, and much to be grateful for.     Thank you to everyone who is supportive of me in any way and Thanks be to God.  Mesi Bon Dye!  

No comments:

Post a Comment