Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Bon fèt Thanksgiving

Although today is Tuesday, I am going to work although I decided to go in a little later than usual.  I will do my Thursday therapy groups with the children today and my English students will come on Wednesday instead of Thursday this week.  

Agape Airlines, the organization we use to get mail from the United States, provides the missionaries using their service with food for Thanksgiving.  On Thursday I will prepare a Thanksgiving meal to share with the sisters.  If we had not been offered the food, it may not have occurred to me to celebrate Thanksgiving here, but am I actually feeling excited about it.  

Perhaps 'll write more late in the week. I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.  I have so very much to be grateful for.  Gratitude is something I experience so often in the lives of people here.  Haiti has greatly increased my sense of gratitude.  Always there is something or someone to be thankful for!

You who take the time to read this, my family, friends, community members know that I give thanks to God for the gift of you!
   The turkeys in our yard are very grateful that Thursday is not a Haitian holiday, and that our Thanksgiving bird was donated from the United States.

Happy Thanksgiving! Many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment