Thursday, February 16, 2017

Valentine's Day and my Sunday off

This was written on Tuesday afternoon; it is only being published now because I was unable to get a decent internet connection on my laptop since writing it.  

Happy Valentine’s Day!  For me, some years Valentine’s Day passes by with my just barely noticing it.  Honestly, I don’t remember doing or having anything special for Valentine’s Day last year.  This year here at Leocaide Convent chocolate was placed by each sister’s and postulant’s door during the night.  The dining room table was well decorated for the occasion.  At each person’s spot was a little pretty paper Valentine basket, which had been hand made by the postulants.   We even used the good china at both the noontime and evening meals!  There was a box of chocolates on the table at supper tonight too.  The chocolates had melted and then solidified, but they still tasted great.  




I had planned to spend this week in Pilat working at the school.  There was apparently a lot of rain in Pilat making it impossible for the driver to come for me, so I did not go. Plans can change so easily, so much is beyond our control.   At one point, I had planned on going to Pilat on Sunday, but even before they got a lot of rain, I learned that no driver would be available on Sunday.  I had already told the older children at the orphanage that there would be no groups on Sunday.  I decided to take Sunday off because I figured I would be working on Tuesday which is normally my day off.  It was nice to not work on a Sunday.  When we got home from church, I actually took a long nap; I very rarely ever nap so this was surprising to me.  That evening the postulants and one of the sisters were going to a concert and since I was actually home I was able to go with them.  The biological sister of one of the sisters is an excellent singer.  The school auditorium where the concert was held was full of people.  Some songs were in Creole, others in French.  In addition to the sister’s sister, there were other talented singers, musicians, and dancers.  It was an enjoyable evening out, for which I am very grateful. 


Have a great week!  Many blessings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment