Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Beautiful Birds and Gratitude

On Sunday I took just a little bit of time to walk around the yard with my camera in hand.  This is my third year living here.  Sometimes now it seems like I am taking the pictures of the same things over and over again.  Then, often, when I least expect it, God surprises me and  I see something new, different and beautiful.  On Sunday there were birds that either I had never seen here before or that I saw, from a different perspective.  It amazes me how easy it is to find beauty almost anywhere when we simply take the time to look. 

These are not the best pictures I have taken, but I share them to show the variety of birds I saw in our yard during a short stroll on Sunday afternoon. 




















Updates

Once again this year we received food from the missionary (Agape) airlines so that we were able to have a Thanksgiving feast here in Haiti.  It was very enjoyable.  I realize I have so much to be thankful for.  Living here helps me to grow in gratitude and for that I am grateful. 

Already, I received an email notice that my new passport is ready, in Haiti and on its way to Cap-Haitian.  The embassy said it would arrive in two to three weeks.  It has only been one week and one day since I had my appointment at the embassy. What a pleasant surprise when something actually takes less time than expected! I am grateful! 

On Thursday evening some of my cousins in Ireland are hosting a fundraiser to benefit the children that I am working with. Thank you very much to all who are organizing the event and to all who will attend.  I am so fortunate to have so many generous relatives.  At the risk of sounding redundant, I must say that I am grateful!     

Thank you for taking the time to read this.  I won't say it again but you know that I am.....

Have a good week.  Many blessings!   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment