Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Just wanted to share the beauty of this tree while it is in bloom. It is near my house.     

Happy Father's Day to my dad, grandfather, uncles and all fathers.  Working with children who are not being cared for by their families increases my appreciation for own family experiences.  

Yesterday a group of children from Ste. Anne went on a picnic.  We traveled to a nearby town to property which NPH owns.  It was wonderful for the children to walk around the land.  There were magnificent mango trees which provided great shade.  They children saw goats and pigs as we hiked around a bit, jumping over small streams of water.  Then they enjoyed sandwiches and Tampico (a sugary fruit drink popular with Haitian children.)  It was truly a great outing for them.  All of the children from Ste. Anne will get a chance to go there, and the older children from Ste. Louie will all get a chance to go to a beach sometime this summer.

There is much to do in the next week and  a half or so; at this point, although I will miss the children, I do find myself  looking forward to vacation.
Have a good week!    
 
  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment