Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Updates, Citadel and Merry Christmas!

On Friday the last  child left the orphanage for the Christmas holiday.  There were some whose only family members lived too far away or for whatever reason could not go "home."  Arrangements were made for these children to stay with someone, such as an orphanage worker who already knows the child well.  It got very quiet towards the end of the week.

Also, in my previous entry I had mentioned that there were training for all of the workers and the sisters taking place last week.  Well, I was partially wrong; the training were for the workers but not for the sisters.  The interesting thing about assumptions I make based on my previous experiences is that sometimes I don't really even realize at first that I am making an assumption.  

On Saturday, I a Holy Cross sister who works at the high school and two young lay women from Canada, went with a large group of high school girls went to the Citadel.  It was a great trip.  We walked for about three full hours, up the mountain, taking breaks along the way.  The views were spectacular as you can see.  Although when I first boarded the large yellow former american school bus, I felt a bit overwhelmed by the noise level, I must say, I truly enjoyed walking the journey up and down the mountain with some very delightful young women.  The history is fascinating; here is a link to learn more:  http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/180








  On Sunday I flew from O'Kap to Miami and from Miami to New Orleans.  It has been good to spend a couple of days in New Orleans connecting with the sisters, and friends.  Soon I will be connecting with family and friends in Rhode Island, si Dye vle.  I am grateful to, that the sisters took care of fulfilling my wish list of play therapy supplies  that I had emailed several weeks ago.  Thank you!  Mesi Anpil!   I truly am grateful to be able to spend some time in the US, even though the sudden change in culture, schedule and environment cause me to feel mildly disoriented and  slightly disorganized.

While walking down the mountain on Saturday I cam across a large poinsettia plant in full bloom right on schedule for the holiday!

I wish each of you a joyous Christmas filled with peace!  Many Blessings!


        

No comments:

Post a Comment