Monday, December 29, 2014

I am  in Rhode Island grateful to be able to spend time with family.  At the moment Haiti feels worlds away, yet my mind wanders back there from time to time.  When I think of the number of relatives, I have and spent time with during these past several days, and I juxtapose that with thoughts of the children at the orphanage especially those who went to spent the holiday with a worker since their families were too far away and could not come for them, I feel amazingly grateful for what I have and sad for those who either lack the means to visit their extended family or don't have family connections.  It is wonderful to be here at Christmas time, and also at moments somehow challenging to  be surrounded by relative abundance.  I hope that you had a blessed Christmas and that your New Year will be filled with joy, and peace.

I just came across this on-line about educating children in Haiti in Haitian Creole.  These are the ideas that make sense to me as an educator and a social worker.  I wish I could find the same information presented as well as it is here in either Haitian Creole or in French so that I could share it with my co-workers and community members in Haiti.  Enjoy!       http://www.pri.org/stories/2014-12-22/village-school-haiti-started-national-movement-teach-kids-language-they-speak 

Bon ane!  Happy New Year!  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment