Saturday, June 27, 2015

One hello among many good-byes



This week has been a bit quieter that last.  On Wednesday evening at about 5:15 the last of our children, having finished their state exams earlier that day, said good-bye and headed out.  On Thursday after attempting to make our last class special, which ended up making it longer, I wished my two English students a happy summer; I have enjoyed teaching them and will miss them.  The French Canadian sister left for vacation and meetings in Canada that day as well.

In some ways, it is nice to be on a school year calendar.  It provides a sense of closure and a clear new beginning every year, a gift, which ones does not get working in many other (especially residential) social service settings.  Now I am trying to stay focused on the tasks of cleaning the playroom, organizing papers, packing for upcoming trips, and moving my personal belongings to a different convent. The plan is for me to continue to work here during the next school year, but to live at another nearby Holy Cross convent, the one I spent many Tuesdays visiting for my day off during the past few months.  I will be moving my belongings there soon, and will stay there briefly before I say good-bye for the summer.

In the midst of many orevwas, there was one hello that occurred this week.  A second cow on our property gave birth.  Here is a picture of the newest calf along with the one we welcomed at Easter time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment