Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Angle

English 

Since I titled the last two blog entries French and Creole, I might as well continue the language pattern.  I have resumed teaching English to a family member of an employee at the orphanage, for just one hour a week.  The other student I had last year, is now working at a school in another town, so it does not work out for her to continue class right now.  She did come by to visit me at the orphanage over the weekend. I was glad to see her and happy that she is doing well.    

Occasionally I encounter people who want to practice their English and I like to oblige, aware of how when I am in the US I greatly appreciate opportunities to practice Creole.  

Class
Currently, I am taking an online continuing education course through the Family and Play Therapy Center in Philadelphia.   The course is entitled Mindfulness Based Family Play Therapy with a Major Component in Advance Child Development.  I am so grateful that during the first two sessions, I have had an excellent internet connection.  It is wonderful to be able to continue to learn and connect with others when I am so far away.   While the class is excellent and informative some of what is presented  is difficult to apply to my current situation since I have so little information about the specific experiences the children had before they came to the orphanage.  It is amazing that I can be  in Haiti and participate (even ask questions and receive responses) in a quality continuing education program in Philadelphia.  The program gives a very generous discount to people living in different countries depending upon the economics of the country (Haiti gest a 75% discount.)  Here is the link:        http://www.fptcenter.com/


I hope you are all doing well.  Take care.  
       

No comments:

Post a Comment