Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A Brief Update about my Quick Trip

Since last week's update, I traveled to the US and returned to Haiti.

During my 5 1/2 hour layover in Miami, my parents who spend much of the winter in Florida and my grandmother who was visiting them picked me up at the airport and took me to a restaurant .  It was a wonderful visit!   It made the long layover delightful.  Mom, Dad, and Grandma, thanks for making the long drive and for dinner; I love you!

It was a full weekend.  The sisters in my congregation gathered for an important meeting on Friday. The meeting concluded with a moving prayer/ritual around the sale of the property in New Orleans where our congregational center is located which also is where I lived while in New Orleans.  The next day we had a joyful celebration for sisters celebrating jubilees this year (anniversaries for sisters who have been in religious life for 50 and 60 years.)  I am grateful that I was able to see so many of our sisters over the weekend, grateful for conversations, connections and celebrations.  I had time to connect with a couple of friends as well, although certainly I did not get to see or talk with everyone I would have liked to as my time was short.

Yesterday, I returned safely and happily to Haiti.

Here are a few pictures I took while walking in a park by the Mississippi River in New Orleans.





Take care.  Many blessings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment