Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Second Week of Advent Update

Advent Decorations at the school in Pilat

The rest of my time in Pilat went well.  It is a pleasure to interact with the children there.  I was fortunate to be able to leave on Saturday as planned, although slightly later than initially expected.  With the conditions of the roads and rainy nights, one can not take plans for granted, especially when traveling to and from Pilat.  The night before I left a driver slept in the vehicle he was driving because the road was blocked by other vehicles which were stuck in the mud.  The quality of the road has negative repercussions.  Vendors have not been able to enter Pilate to sell their produce.  This has caused prices to rise sharply and quickly, making it even harder for people to purchase food and other basic necessities.  

On Sunday I resumed my work at the orphanage.  Time is going so quickly.  This is the last week that I will do groups with the children during this calendar year.  This week we have had less rain and things are finally starting to dry up.  For the first time in over a month, I bicycled to the orphanage today (I stopped taking the bicycle when the heavy rains started.)  There were only two places where I had to get off and walk it through mud and large puddles,

Next week I am heading to Africa to visit Marianties who are missioned in Burkina Faso.  I am looking forward to seeing them, experiencing their mission and learning more about the country and culture.  Whether or not I update this blog during my travels will depend on the internet connection.  I have heard the internet there is not reliable. If by chance it is very good, perhaps I will update more often to update about my travels.  If it is poor, maybe I won't blog at all.    During the first week of January, I will return to Haiti.

May you experience many blessings during this Advent season.  And, just in case, I am not able to update between now and Christmas, may you experience many graces during the Christmas season as well.  Be assure of my gratitude and prayers.  Many blessings!          

No comments:

Post a Comment