Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Voice, Little Turtle, and Baby Egrets

Three Haitian Sisters of Holy Cross are celebrating jubilees this year.  They are celebrating 25, 50 and 60 years in religious life.  On Saturday evening there was a special mass of thanksgiving for their lives and commitment.  Liturgy was followed by a tasty dinner which was followed by the sister's rendition of the television show, "The Voice."  There are many talented singers in the congregation and the sisters who served as the judges really got into character making for a very entertaining evening.

On Sunday evening I arrived in Pilate, where I am working at the school this week mostly with the preschool children and their teachers.  Some of the children ask for the turtle puppet that I use for psycho-educational lessons as soon as they seem me.  If I don't happen to have the puppet on hand (literally) I tell them Little Turtle is sleeping, which seems to satisfy some of them.  It has been great to connect with the teachers and students again and to see how much the children have grown since my previous visit.  I had planned to visit several times since but for various reasons it had not worked out. We were lucky that the rain was not too heavy on Sunday, that the rivers were not too deep, that we were able to make the journey.  I am grateful that I am here this week.


There is a beautiful large old tree in the middle of the school yard where egrets nest and herons sleep.  This tree and the nesting birds fascinated me last year. This year I have actually seen a couple of babies in the egrets' nests and even got a a few photos!



Have a great week!  Many blessings!





        

No comments:

Post a Comment