Sunday, December 31, 2017

Happy New Year!

As the year draws to a close I want to express my gratitude to all those who have been so supportive of my ministry in Haiti this year and to each of you who take time to read this.  Thank you!  

May  your New Year be filled with love, peace, joy and many blessings!  

Tomorrow is Haitian Independence Day.  Although I am in Florida at the moment, I intend to make a traditional Pot of Soup Joumou tomorrow.  Pumpkin soup is the food eaten in Haiti to celebrate Independence Day, and one of my favorite foods.    I will share it with my parents (dad probably won't eat it)  and cousins visiting from Ireland.  

I will write a better update soon.  

Happy New Year!  

1 comment:

  1. Happily, I was wrong, my dad ate the soup and actually liked it. I pointed out it has a lot of Irish ingredients like carrots, potatoes and cabbage and is not really spicy.

    ReplyDelete