Sunday, April 8, 2018

Shamrocks and other surprises

On Tuesday the school schedule resumed (following Easter break) and the third trimester of the school year began.  It was a busy week at Leocadie Convent because many of the Holy Cross priests spent a couple of days here for a meeting. 

  

I try to keep my camera in my bag and pull it out when I find myself waiting for something (like a ride) or just have a few minutes free.  When I take a moment to walk around outside with my camera in hand I am often amazed at what I find.  


This week I discovered that there are shamrocks in Haiti!  


I chased a very active hummingbird, hoping to get an active shot. I did not exactly succeed, but, eventually, even a hyper hummingbird needs to rest. 



One evening when I stayed at the sisters' school in the city, while I was working at my desk, I could hear birds singing.  When I was ready for a little break I took some pictures from the porch.  Even in an urban area, one can find natural beauty.  









I was pleased to see this bird in a schoolyard one afternoon recently.  Today, when I opened the pictures on my laptop I was surprised to realize that it was in the process of dining when I snapped the photos.  




I found myself wondering why these birds were sitting on the fence. 

I think they were just too chicken to get down!   

Now, I am wondering who (of my family, community members and friends) is rolling his/her eyes and who is laughing?  

Have a great week.  Many blessings!  








  

No comments:

Post a Comment