Friday, August 31, 2018

HOME


Taken at the Knowth Monument, County Meath, Ireland earlier this month

Bridges of Ross, County Clare, Ireland

It is the reality that a missionary can come to have many homes and yet no one place that is fully 100% home.  During the past two months, I visited various places that I call home, grateful for each of those places and the people there.  I was fortunate to be able to visit Ireland, a place I have never lived but a place that is certainly home to me (in an ancestral/cultural way.)   I was happy to connect with so many family members, sisters, and friends during my summer travels and still I did not get to see everyone that I would have liked to; time has a way of going so quickly.

   

Now I am at Brit's Home. When I arrived on Wednesday afternoon, I was warmly welcomed by 66 singing and smiling children.  There was a pretty sign by my door to welcome me, thoughtfully written in English.  During the past couple of days, I have spent time arranging the large bedroom that is for my use.  To make it home, I brought with me a tea kettle and tea bags so that I can offer any visitors a cup of tea.

Various items that I have here with me, came from different places that I have called home.  All of my previous experiences come with me, they have shaped me and formed me and continue to influence me. This current experience will change and teach me as well.  My desire it use the gifts that I have been given and have gathered in my life, to be of service in this lovely and lively home while always recognizing, celebrating and encouraging the great gifts that are here in the hearts of each child and employee.

Please pray for me as I officially begin this new ministry tomorrow.  Thank you, everyone, who has been encouraging and supportive of me and this new endeavor. 
 
I wish all of you who are in the United States a Happy Labor Day weekend!  To all returning to school in the coming days, (or who recently have started a new school year) I wish you a good and blessed school year!   

 
Family, close friends, community members: let me know if you want to stop by for a cup of tea. I'll put the kettle on!  


                     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment