Monday, February 28, 2011

M pa mouri.

It has been a full week now since I returned to Haiti.  It has been a while since I wrote. I wanted to do a blog update yesterday but was not able to get on line.  My time in the states was great.  Wonderful to see so many people.  I also have many people to thank for my time there and for support and useful things given to me for the children here. 

When I returned I was happy to see the children.  They seemed happy to see me as well.  Although I had told them I was going away for one week, I suspect some may have been surprised that I came back.  One little girl at Kay St. Anne said, "Ou pa mouri;" which means "you are not dead."  She said it  matter of factly. This is logical for a five year old, whose mother died in an earth quake 13 months ago, and who ocassionally asks about Katiana (the four year old girl who died of Cholera in December.)  To this child death is a part of life, and certainly more common than things like vacations. 

I do have much more I would like to say, but will probably wait for a weekend when internet is working, and I am not (I work every other Saturday.)  I just thought it might be good to at least do a brief update, let you all know that yes, I am happily, still alive!   
Take care.   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment