Monday, September 22, 2014

many possible entries condensed into one

As I write this entry, I really should be doing something else, like finishing packing, cleaning out the my desk drawer, organizing papers, writing the many thank you notes I want to send before I leave and 100 other tasks.

I have not even left for Haiti, and yet I feel like I have gotten behind on updating this blog.  In the previous entry I had expected to write about the transfer of vows liturgy and how grateful I was for all those who attended: my parents, my twin sister (who surprised me by coming),  a sister and good friend from my previous congregation, a friend who was a Redeemer Ministry Corps (lay volunteer) with me many years ago, members of the local Catholic Haitian community (who sang beautifully after communion), other religious,  friends, and of course many Marianites.  The priest who presided at the liturgy was born in Rhode Island, spent many years ministering in Haiti, and currently lives here in New Orleans.  I was filled with joy and gratitude, or as they say in Haitian Creole, "kè kontan," which translates to "happy heart."

Another topic I want to include was the graciousness with which my previous congregation has accepted and even supported my transfer.  For this I am extremely grateful and deeply touched!      

I also wanted to write about the prayer, and blessing, followed by ice cream cake and conversation that we had here with the sisters in both convents on the property where I have lived for nearly three years.  I will miss each of them and am grateful for their love and support.  Thanks for the beautiful, prayerful send off!

Last night, I attended the Haitian Creole mass here in New Orleans; at the end there was a travel blessing for me.  I could write a entire blog entry about how I began attended that liturgy occasionally to help me not forget the language when I first returned and then gradually in time found myself attending with greater regularity because the liturgies and music are so energizing; it really became my Sunday worship community.  Mesi anpil anpil anpil!      

I also thought about writing an entry about how Fr. Moreau, the founder of the Holy Cross congregations sent religious out  to the "foreign missions" from the very beginning, sometimes when they were very new in the congregation, and to far away places when travel was much more difficult.  It is a privilege to be called to live the charsim of Holy Cross; please pray for me, that I will do so to to the best of my ability.      

Well if I had really written longer more detailed entries about all of those things, I may have bored you, anyway.  I do not intend to update this blog again until I am on the other side of the Gulf of Mexico.  In the mean time, know that I am very grateful for the prayers and support of so many people. Take care!  Many Blessings!          


1 comment:

  1. Sr. Kathleen, I am thrilled to learn that you are returning to Haiti! I just discovered your blog today and your writings about your journey back. I will be praying for you as you return - may you know His great grace as you love more kiddos. I look forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete