Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Lakansyèl (Rainbow)


While on the orphanage playground with the children late yesterday afternoon, I looked up to notice a beautiful rainbow. 

  
This is a perfect metaphor for my first full week back after vacation.  It was bright and sunny.  Overall I was very happy to be back and it was a good week.  Yet, there were some storms; a lack of clarity in a particular situation and a disagreement which I would not have predicted and do not fully understand and could have handled better.  Sometimes we look at the sky on a beautiful day when thunderstorms are on the way and say, what is the weather doing?  I looked around and wondered what I am doing?, what God is doing?  Yet somehow just as the beautiful rainbow came,  a sense of joy and consolation entered my heart.  It was not because of anything I or anyone else did or said, not because all was suddenly settled, but it was simply a gift from God.  I may not know exactly what I am doing from one moment to the next sometimes, or what God has planned, but God will use both the sunshine and the storms to create great beauty.  

May you experience joy and recognize the rainbows in your life. Thank you for taking time to read this.  Many blessings!    

No comments:

Post a Comment