Thursday, September 29, 2016

Updates and Brokeness

Ministry Update
For a long time, I have wanted to be more available and involved with the families of the children at the orphanage.  The children spend the entire summer vacation and a couple of weeks at Christmas time with whatever relatives they have.  While out of an ethical commitment to confidentiality I can't share details of the meeting I had with relatives of the children, I can share that I am glad I invited them to meet with me.  I learned a lot from those who came, and we are planning to do it again next month!    

Housing Update
There are three young woman soon to be postulants who moved into the convent where I am living  The postulants who were here last year are now entering their second year and are out living and working in different locations.  Currently, in addition to the three newcomers, there are two Haitian sisters, one sister from Burkina Faso,  one Canadian sister, and two Americans.  Two other Haitian sisters who officially live here are away in Canada at this time but will be returning next month.  It is a gift to be able to live with people of various cultures and ages, to be exposed to different worldviews and ideas. It is also a gift and a welcomed change to live with someone else from the United Staes.    


Relfection 
Lately, I have found myself reflecting upon brokenness.  I share this simple reflection/poem with you.
Brokenness
So much seems broken:
inconsistent internet
warped bed frame
pot-hole laden roads
dull knife
will the water run?
will the lights come on?
will the pilot light in the oven ignite?
will the bicycle slow when the handbrake is pulled?

Most difficult of all:
broken promises and
broken hearts



Have a good week.  Take care. Many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment