Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Return to Haiti

Sometimes it still amazes me how modern day travel can allow us to be in very different places within a short amount of time.  Sunday night I was at my cousin's wonderful wedding eating chowder and clam cakes at the reception in scenic Newport, and the following afternoon I was in a convent in Cap-Haitian chatting with sisters and eating a mango.  

I am grateful that I was able to spend time with family and friends during vacation.  My time in Rhode Island which also included a fun trip to visit family friends in New York and also a trip to Massachusetts to be with my twin sister on our birthday. I am also equally grateful that I have returned to Haiti.  School was scheduled to start this week, but for reasons that are unclear to me, it will start next week.  Only a few children are at the orphanage now, the others will come on Sunday. Today I was happy to see those who came early as well as the employees.   I am very much looking forward to seeing the rest of the children, but am also glad that I have a little time to get organized before the children arrive.    

Now that I am back in Haiti, I intend to resume weekly updates.  Take care!  Many blessings!     

No comments:

Post a Comment