Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Find the Beauty

There were many items on my to-do list for today.  So easily my day off gets filled with the practical tasks such as cleaning my room, responding to emails, and just trying to catch up on life.  I pulled myself away from my tasks for a short time this afternoon to take a few pictures.  None of the pictures I took are especially great, but I needed a moment to look for and find the beauty.  That is the great thing about creation, there is always something beautiful we just need to open our eyes to see it.

(I was planning to post more photos but the internet is not cooperating.)




As I look at the on-line news and my facebook feed I feel sad and my heart aches for the people being denied entry to the United States especially refugees fleeing horrible situations who had been cleared to enter.  I wonder who are we (as Americans and human beings) if we can not welcome the refugee?  At the same time, I have been inspired by the number of people speaking out in various ways.  I am so glad that many of my friends are protesting this injustice.  If I were there, I would be standing with you.  Thank you, everyone who is speaking up, your actions are encouraging.

Have a good week. Take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment