Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Seasons

There are no dramatic seasonal changes here as there are in the northeastern United States  where I grew up. The somewhat subtle changes are worth noticing and celebrating, like the return of this flower that fascinated me especially the first year I lived in Leocadie Convent.

As I sat down to write, I recalled that last year at this time, I wrote that I was wondering if I would still be in Haiti at this time this year.  I went back and reread that blog post, (here is the link.)   Well, here I am exactly one year after I posted that and yes, I am still in Haiti.   And, one year after that post,  I have at least as much uncertainty as I did last year as I wonder where I will be next year at this time.  Today, though in the midst of the uncertainty, and busyness I have been graced with a sense of peace.

 Last year's poem has not lost any relevance, so I share it again.

Unknowns abound
but so do the certainties
of seasons
and Paschal patterns,
For even if what seems the worst of all possibilities
one day arrives as reality,
Then from under the abandoned ashes
seeds will surely sprout
and rise from death’s decay
to flower and offer fruit,
proudly proclaiming the certitude
that hope cannot be killed.

This picture was taken last week among the ruins of the San Souci Palace.  


May you experience peace and hold onto hope wherever you are today, and wherever life may lead you.       

Thank you for taking time to read my updates.  Many blessings!   


     

No comments:

Post a Comment