Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sometimes

Sometimes, I feel like I am learning a lot, and surprise myself when I recall the precise Creole word I need to use, or accurately string together several Creole words forming full sentences to express myself.   

Sometimes, I feel lost during class, occasionally, even clueless.  I hear a word and know that I have heard it before, I may even remember that it was on a cd that I listened to when trying to learn Creole while driving back and forth to work a few months ago, but don't remember what the word means, even if I can tell you what street I was driving on when I heard it.  At times, I want to say or write something, but lack the vocabulary to make my point, even if it is a simple one.  Today was a more difficult day for me, but reality is I am learning, and know a lot more than I did a couple of weeks ago.   

Sometimes, it is hotter up north in places like Philadelphia and Rhode Island than it is down south in places like Miami.  It is warm here, but usually there is a pleasant breeze and the humidity is not too bad, also it seems everything is well air conditioned (sometimes it actually feels good to go outside and warm up!)  Seriously, I hope all of you affected by the heat wave are keeping cool enough; you are in my thoughts and prayers.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment