Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bookkeeping, Revisited.

I asked Mary what needed to be done. She had a pile of receipts and a paper a volunteer had written which had some kind of record of the receipts which were handwritten and not in order.  She asked if I could put the receipts in order of date, and we decided that it would make sense to type the list of receipts instead of having them on the handwritten page and total them up.  I was about half way through this task, when I realized that I was doing the one thing I most resisted and doubted I could not well, Bookkeeping!
Okay, so, I am more capable of doing bookkeeping than I thought, although I still believe most others would do this more efficiently.   Even though it was not quite as difficult as I thought, I am glad it is not what I do everday.  Of course I might regret saying that, because someone else may expect it of me at some point, so don't tell anyone.    

No comments:

Post a Comment