Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Today and Tomorrow

Today I was able to go for a ride with to some volunteers who are staying here and a man who works here.  We went to down town port a prince.  I brought my camera but I had no desire to take pictures; so my camera remained in my bag.  Most of the historical places were surrounded by tent communities or else were in ruins or both.  There was a group of people praying by a fence which surrounded the crumbled cathedral.  We saw poverty which I can't describe.  We also saw beauty in the people, in the distant mountains and sea, in the art work we passed. 

On the way back, my phone rang.  They have a space ready for me to move into the program called Angels of Light in Tabarre.  Most likely I will move there tomorrow afternoon.  I am looking forward to it.  The first weekend in September I am going to come back here to Matthew 25 to help out just for the weekend since Mary will be at a board meeting and there are guests coming.  That will be good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment