Friday, August 27, 2010

Kay

Today I went to the house where the youngest children in the program live.  In the house, there are 40 children under age 6 who live there.  A couple lives and works there, and there are several other workers as well.  The children are beautiful.  In the coming weeks, the plan is for me to spend a lot of time there, helping out, and observing.  Eventually my supervisor and I are going to do some training for the staff working there.  The program is new, so some staff development on topics related to childhood development, and social emotional needs could be helpful.  At some point I may do some individual or group work with some of the children depending upon the observed needs.  I look forward to returning to the house tomorrow.  Have a good weekend.
Love, Kathleen     

No comments:

Post a Comment