Monday, August 23, 2010

Table


Here are some pictures of the table we painted over the weekend.  A volunteer named Nancy, is truly a talented artist.  I helped with some of the simpler things. It was great fun!  I took these pictures before it was sealed with polyurethane.  Once this table was finished she went to work on the other table; perhaps I'll post some pictures of that soon.    

I had a nice weekend.  It was relatively quiet here at Matthew 25.  On Saturday night we went out to eat, thanks to someone who stayed here and gave us money to do something.  We went to an excellent Chinese restaurant.  A couple of times over the weekend, I walked around and visited with some people in the tent community.  It is always enjoyable to talk with the children and interesting to talk with the adults.  Another highlight of the weekend was on Sunday when I was able to  use skype to talk with family and a couple sisters from my community; technology is amazing.  

Today I was able to meet with a Haitian woman who does EMDR therapy.  We had an enjoyable lunch.  She was able to help me to better understand the culture and shared some of her experience and expertise with me.  For this I am very grateful! 




No comments:

Post a Comment