Sunday, August 15, 2010

Exploring other Options

The hospitality house is an interesting place to work. There are many good things about it. While it has been a good experience, I am not really doing work that I feel called to do, not using the skills I have, and I often find myself trying to do things that I am not especially good at. An 11 year old child came by and helped me hang sheets and towels on the clothes line yesterday because she noticed I was not doing a very good job of it; she truly had a much better method than me.  Apparently I did a poor job of folding or putting the sheets in the closet yesterday as well.  It is important that places like Matthew 25 exist and that people flying in to do missionary or humanitarian work out in the provinces have an affordable, safe, comfortable place to stay on their way into or out of Haiti.  I truly have an appreciation for it, and for all that Sister Mary does to make this place run smoothly.  It is just not the work I am feeling called to do at this point in my life.        

I am exploring other options here in Haiti which will hopefully be a better match for my skills and hopefully benefit those who are in need.  I am going to visit a program for children this week.  Hopefully this will work out, if not something else will.  Please, pray that I can truly be open to the Spirit. 

Please also pray for Sr. Suzanne who died recently and all of the Sisters of the Holy Redeemer as we mourn her loss and will miss her presence.   

1 comment: